The Older People’s Charter sets out what your rights are when using any health services.
It is based on the Declaration of Rights for Older People and also sets out the Healthboard’s pledge to you.
1. To have the right to be who you are
2. To have the right to be valued
3. To have free will and the right to make decisions about your life
4. To have the right to decide where you live, how you live and who you live with
5. To have the right to work, develop, participate and communicate
6. To have the right to safety, security and justice.
Download the document here to read the information in full.