Coronavirus banner

Coronavirus (Covid-19)

This page of our website is designed to bring together the advice from the Government and from the NHS as well as information about local resources that are available to our patients.

It includes links to access further help and guidance in relation to your questions concerning the Coronavirus.

Self-isolate and get a test if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.

All of Wales is at alert level 2.

What you need to do at alert level 2.

Recent and upcoming changes From 17 May

  • Indoor hospitality can reopen,
  • 6 people from up to 6 households (not including children under 11) can book a table.
  • All holiday accommodation can reopen fully.
  • Entertainment venues, including cinemas, bingo halls, bowling alleys, indoor-play areas, casinos, amusement arcades, and theatres can reopen.
  • Indoor visitor attractions, including museums and galleries can reopen.
  • Up to 30 people can take part in organised indoor activities and up to 50 people in organised outdoor activities. This includes wedding receptions and wakes. International travel will resume.

Do not leave your home if you have coronavirus symptoms

Do not leave your home if you have either:

a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)

a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)

loss of smell or taste (anosmia)

To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home.

Use the NHS Direct Wales Coronavirus Covid-19 Symptom Checker

Patients with Coronavirus symptoms should telephone 119 for a COVID test

you can apply for a test by calling the free number 119 between the hours of 7am to 11pm. People with hearing or speech difficulties can call 18001 119. This service is available to assist you through the process of booking and taking a test but cannot provide clinical advice. If you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home or if your condition gets worse, or your symptoms do not get better after 7 days, use the 111 online coronavirus service. If you do not have internet access, call 111. In a medical emergency, dial 999.

Patients who require an exemption certificate for facemasks:

Please visit the Welsh Government website for further information -

Babies and children Call 111 for advice if you're worried about a baby or child. If they seem very unwell, are getting worse or you think there's something seriously wrong, call 999. Do not delay getting help if you're worried. Trust your instincts.