PYB Health are pleased to be able to reassure our local community that a vaccination program is now under way at all our Surgeries.
We would like to share with you a couple of photos taken at our surgeries ( 14/01/2021) Maureen Carveth receiving her AstraZeneca vaccine at Oak Tree Surgery & Mrs Burnard receiving her Covid-19 vaccine from Dr Parry at Pencoed New Surgery.
We will be contacting patients, in order of priority, to book vaccination appointments.
Please do not call us – There is a system in place and we WILL call you!
The priority list has been decided by the Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) at a UK level.
This priority list is as follows:
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- all those 75 years of age and over
- all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- all those 65 years of age and over
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over
Currently our surgeries are limited by vaccine numbers and we are only vaccinating priority 1 and 2 groups.
The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) advises that the first priorities for the COVID-19 vaccination programme should be the prevention of mortality and the maintenance of the health and social care systems. As the risk of mortality from COVID-19 increases with age, prioritisation is primarily based on age. [source – Public Health Wales]